Translate

Friday, February 18, 2022

Toy Story Land: Fun for Everyone



Of all of the major park additions in recent years this is the one I was most excited about. I was skeptical about Pandora, which I now love, and I felt like Galaxy's Edge would most likely be well done, and it was. But, Toy Story Land was going to be a hit for sure. And it is. And why wouldn't it be? Toy Story Mania is arguably one of the most fun rides at Walt Disney World. Theming an entire land off that ride just sounds amazing.

The theme for this area is that that you have been shrunk down to the size of a toy and you are in Andy's backyard. Andy has the entire backyard set up for playing. But, Andy and all the other humans are away so the toys are out to play. To really set the scene they even put up a giant wood fence around the area. 

Everything is themed to look like it is made out of toys. Everything. Everything in this area is kid themed. Its like a massive trip down memory lane, and I love it. I would honestly love for an entire park to be made in these theme. Wouldn't it be amazing if they made an entire park themed after Pixar movies? I know I would love it. Though, I guess it would make having Pixar represented in the other parks difficult. 


The options for dining in this area is limited. There is a quick service dining restaurant, it currently only has outside dining seating so don't bank on this if there is bad weather. There are plans for an indoor dining restaurant in the future, I'll have to try it out once it opens. But, for right now there is just Woody's Lunch Box. Everything on the menu is themed after foods that kids commonly eat, but they are jazzed up a bit. Honestly, everything on the menu sounds pretty awesome. 

We went at breakfast time, which was great because I was able to justify trying the fancy 'poptarts' that I had been eyeing for months. Nic and I tried the raspberry tart and my parents tried the Halloween themed tart. Nic also surprised me with a root beer float, which was awesome because root beer floats remind me of my childhood and are one of my favorite things. The tarts were good. The tarts were all very sweet, especially the Halloween tart with the candy corn. Honestly, they where a bit too sweet for me and I most likely won't get them again. But, we also don't eat that many sweet things. I will say the root beer float, which was not as sweet as the tarts, was perfect for the hot morning. I do really want to try the totchos, which are tater tots covered in chili and queso. Though, I think I'll have to wait until after I get off slink dog to try them... 

The outdoor seating area is very nice. Though, in the mid morning September sun there wasn't much in the way of shade even with the colorful overhead hangings. I wasn't in the area in the afternoon, but I would imagine there would be more shade because in the morning it was full sun. I know I will be grateful when they add some indoor places to eat, or just get out of the extreme weather. 


There are currently three rides in Toy Story Land. The ever popular Toy Story Midway Mania, Slinky Dog Dash, and Alien Swirling Saucers. To be honest I doubt they will be adding more rides to this area unless they also expand the overall size of the park. But you never know. The sky really is the limit with this theming. 

I was surprised how much I liked Slinky Dog Dash. I am not a roller coaster person. I haven't even been on Everest and that's been out for years. But, I loved slink dog. I was laughing the entire time. I even had my eyes open! I won't give away the ride since it does have some surprises, but I can say that it really is fun for all ages. I would totally ride it again. 

Of the three rides the spinning saucers were my least favorite. It's not a bad ride. I had fun looking through all the colorful windows. It is an exact replica of the tractor ride at California Adventure, though both rides have been turned down since I rode the tractor ride in California. Which is a good thing, my brother and I got whiplash and our necks were sore after riding it. If you like the tea cups you will like this ride.

I feel like this land was a great addition to Walt Disney World. The Toy Story series is beloved around the world. This land is just fun. Everything is larger than life. Everything is colorful. Even waiting in line for slinky dog was fun because there was so much to look at in the queue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment